Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Happy Birthday to Steven Spielberg!


Today, director Steven Spielberg turned 66 years old. I’d say the day a filmmaking legend was born is worth a big celebration. I often look to the man as my favorite living director. Not everyone loves him, though. There are just as many who criticize his movies for over-sentimentality as those who love his movies, and I can see the detractors’ point, but I’ve always found his sentimentality to be less syrupy, and more honest and well deserved. Raiders of the Lost Ark and E.T. are among my favorite movies of all time, and I love movies of his like Schindler’s List, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Saving Private Ryan, War Horse and Jaws.

By far my favorite film he’s ever directed is 1993’s Jurassic Park. Not only is it my favorite Spielberg movie, it’s my single favorite movie of all time. Period. I could go on and on about how much I love that movie, and what it means to me, and I still wouldn’t be doing it justice. It is, always has been, and always will be my favorite.

Attached here is a clip that is not only my favorite scene of my favorite movie, but my favorite scene in ANY movie:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment